We provide innovative, effective and practical solutions to the legal problems.
Dispute resolution is one of KGK’s key practices. We help our Clients to navigate all types of litigation.
In every business transaction, our lawyers try to pre-empt the issues that may surface and react swiftly and effectively when a dispute arises. Our lawyers act for a broad spectrum of clients, particularly those in the corporate sector. Our team litigates before state courts, the Supreme Court of Poland, administrative courts, state and local public administration authorities, the Supreme Administrative Court and the National Chamber of Appeal.
Alternative Dispute Resolution is an integral tool in our kit, including the arbitration proceedings at the Arbitration Court Lewiatan.
Our aim is to solve disputes as effectively as possible and provide solutions which are tailored to the nature of the dispute and the business objectives of the Client.
M&A. Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring of companies
For over 20 years we have been advising on the transactions of international reach as well as on the local projects in various industries. Alongside dispute resolution, transaction advisory services are a key practice of our Firm and constitute a significant part of cases we handle.
We act for all parties to a transaction: selling, buying and third parties interested in a transaction such as financial institutions or management boards of companies that are being acquired. We know the Polish and Central and Eastern European markets well. We help foreign investors come onto this market, we also help Polish entrepreneurs invest abroad. Thanks to a long cooperation with the best law firms specialising in mergers and acquisitions, we provide legal services in international transactions covering Poland and Europe.
We assist our Clients in all stages of the asset acquisition process: legal audits (due diligence), negotiations and drafting transaction documents, including assets and liabilities guarantee.
We advise on restructuring processes: in-kind contribution of organised part of an enterprise, company splits and mergers.
We draw up motions to UOKIK (Office for Competition and Consumer Protection) to grant consent to implement a concentration and we represent our Clients in proceedings leading to obtaining a positive decision.
KGK has a rich experience helping clients with business operations meet the evolving expectations of regulatory and enforcement agencies. Our team has an industry experience in designing, implementing and managing various compliance programs. We also assess and mitigate legal risk and remedy compliance issues.
Our team regularly monitors changes in legal requirements so that they are clearly and transparently implemented in businesses of our Clients. In particular, we advise on anti-money laundering and personal data protection.
As part of the retainer agreement and also at the one-time commission, KGK offers the Clients legal services that include:
- consultations and drawing up legal opinions on the business activities of our Clients
- drafting contract and assessing contract drafts prepared by the Clients’ counterparties; participation in commercial negotiations;
- participation in court, tax and administrative proceedings relating to the Client’s business, as well as conducting mediations;
- drafting suits and legal documents in court proceedings, as well as drafting documents in administrative, tax and debt recovery
- taking up any actions related to the debt ;
- rendering legal services in establishing commercial entities (setting up companies, registration) and its transformation, liquidation and bankruptcy;
- legal services in shareholder’s general meeting, including stock exchange listed companies, consultation and carrying out other legal actions relating to the commercial companies law;
- correspondence with government authorities, institutions and commercial entities in all areas relating to the legal protection of the Clients’ businesses;
- basic legal advice for the Clients’ employees (within the limits set by the Client);
- conducting legal due diligence of commercial entities and real estates;
- legal services in advertising and marketing activities of the Client, in particular lotteries and promotional campaigns, as well as preparing the relevant contracts, including the copyright law;
- legal services in real estate trading and investment processes ;
- legal services in labour law, drawing up work rules, cooperation with trade unions;
- analysis of compliance with personal data protection law and drawing up the relevant internal rules;
- analysis of compliance with anti-money laundering law and law combating financing terrorism and drawing up the relevant internal rules.